Thursday, January 19, 2017

Are You a Jesus Consumer?

Do you use Jesus  just as a 'Get out Hell free pass?"
Is the reason you accepted Christ because you wanted to by-pass
Judgment Day, but still live your own way while here on earth,
Ensuring that if there was such a place as heaven you were going there?
Then you are a Jesus Consumer, not a Jesus follower.

In days of old pastors would preach hell, fire and brimstone,
They would say that they had scared the children into heaven,
How many of these decisions lasted, there is no way of knowing.
They did not preach a loving God who sent His Son to redeem all sin.
To think of Christ as an insurance policy will never give you joy within.

To walk with Jesus every day, necessitates knowing Him in a personal way.
To really know Jesus means He is your friend and His word is known to you.
And you are directed by His Spirit who should be a guide in All that you do.
Don't use Jesus, follow Him, His Spirit will guide you and empower you within.
Jesus came so that we could have life more abundantly and to cancel our sin.


  • Galatians 2:17 ~ If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed, it proves that I am a lawbreaker. For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but. Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing.

No comments: