Wednesday, August 31, 2016

You Bring Me Joy

Jesus you are the light shining in my life, the sum of my being.
When I start my day out with You, I know what I am seeing.
Your Spirit shines a light, speaking to me on what I need to do.
Knowing You’re directing my way, I can surrender all to You.
The worries will not accumulate if I pray them on to Thee,
And I can rest in the knowledge that because of You I am free,
To be that person that You always desired for  me to be.

Such a sweet release I have, such joy fills my very soul !
There is a new way of thinking since You made me whole.
What took me so long to begin to see the “Grace Way” ?
I kept sliding back into works, yet You never made me pay
For each infraction that began to teach me how to pray.
“Forgive me Lord, Your ready acceptance of my stubborn will
Has made me love you even more, Your words echo in me still.”

Every new day I am expectant for what You have in store.
With Your Spirit’s leading, and my prayers interceding more,
I can truly say that when I sing Your songs or read Your word
My heart soars, and I feel my hands raise up, not to be heard,
Lifting joyful hands to You in sweet surrender for all You’ve done.
In the sacrificial free gift of grace of Your only begotten Son.
The joy is unspeakable and it is full of glory, so painfully won.
THE HALF HAS NEVER YET BEEN TOLD ! 
                                                                                
  • John 15:11 ~ “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”
  • Psalm 33:21 ~ “For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.”
  • Isaiah 51:10 ~ “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”
  • Psalm 64:10 ~ “The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and shall trust in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory>”
  • Isaiah 55:12 ~ “For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”
  • Psalm 126:5,6 ~ “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy, He that goeth forth and weepeth bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.”
  • Habakkuk 3:18 ~ “Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.”
  • 1 Peter 1:8 ~ “Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.”
  • Psalm 89: 15, 16 ~ “Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Thy countenance. In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day; and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted.”

No comments: